Information Security Research Group
The Information Security research group is within the Software Engineering & Information Systems chair (Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu). The group conducts research and teaching in the field of information security with an emphasis on secure system design and requirements engineering. The group is performing research in the fields of information system security risk management, personal data management, and privacy leakage management. The main research areas include (but not limited to) secure business process management, model-driven security, security risk management in the blockchain applications, privacy management in the intelligent transportation systems and blockchain-based applications, secure and private data analysis, and visualization for the privacy and security by design systems.
- 21.January 2022 -- General Assembly of the SPARTA project
- 17.November 2021 -- Raimundas Matulevičius gave an invited talk on Security Risk Management and participated in the panel at the Bitdefender Baltic Region Partnersí Conference 2021 (organised by the CyberPhish project partner Altacom).
- 15-16 November, 2021 -- BCCA 2021: the Third IEEE International Conference on Blockchain Computing and Applications, more info
- November 2021 -- we participate in a number of project meetings this month:
- 11-12. November -- SPARTA WP6 meeting in Graz, Austria (hybrid)
- 23-24.November -- CHAISE project's general meeting (remote)
- 25-26.November -- CyberPhish transnational meeting, Tartu, Estonia (remote)
- 29.October 2021 -- Recipients of honorary decorations of the University of Tartu announced
- September 2021 -- future signals Estonia Cybersecurity Report. Thank you Mari Seeba for the very insightful thoughts and ideas. more info, audio
- 29.September 2021 -- Institute Day
- 24.September 2021 -- Raimundas Matulevičius gave an invited talk on Asmens duomenų valdymas (eng.: Personal Data Management) at the Kompiuterininkų dienos 2021, recording, from 2:05:10.
- 23.September 2021 -- Raimundas Matulevičius was invited as a panelist to BIR 2021 to discuss 20 Years of BIR and Beyond, more info.
- 6.September, 2021 -- SPBP'21: Fourth Workshop on Security and privacy-enchanced Business Process Management, more info
- 3.September, 2021 -- Information Security research group seminar
- 24-26.August, 2021 -- ADBIS 2021: 25th European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems, more info
- 17-20.August, 2021 -- SP2I 2021: International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Intelligent Infrastructures, more info
- 4.July, 2021 -- BlockNet project is over. The project received the very positive evaluation and was recognised with the Good Practice Example badge from the Erasmus+ National Agency.
- 02.June, 2021 -- Congratulations (!!!) to Mariia Bakhtina for the successful defence of the Master thesis on Securing Passenger's Data in Autonomous Vehicles.
- May, 2021 -- M. Seeba gave a seminar on Estonian Information Security standard at the LTAT.06.002 course, more info
- 19.March, 2021 -- Seminar on the Security Risk Management in Autonomous Driving done for the colleagues of the Autonomous Driving Lab and partners of the Bolt project.
- 3.December, 2020 -- BlockNet multiplier event
- More info at link
- November, 2020 -- we have started the work on two projects:
- CHAISE -- A Blueprint for Sectoral Cooperation on Blockchain Skill Development has the goal of developing the framework for the educational skills on Blockchain technology and application. The project is for four years, and it involves 23 partners from 15 European countries. It is funded by the Erasmus+ Sector Skills Alliances program.
- CyberPhish -- Safeguarding against Phishing in the age of 4 Industrial Revolution has the goal to develop educational material for the course on the security phishing threats. The project is for two years and involves European 5 partners. It is funded by the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership program.
- 01.October, 2020 -- Infoturbe haldamine muutuste keerises (Changes in information security management in Estonia)
- 24.September, 2020 -- BLISS project is over. The project received the very positive evaluation and was recognised with the Good Practice Example badge from the Erasmus+ National Agency.