Building Security Threat Model of Hyperledger Fabric
- Supervisor: Mubashar Iqbal
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hyperledger Fabric (HLF) is a permissioned blockchain to overcome the privacy and security challenges of permissionless blockchains. However, permissioned blockchains are also not immune to security threats. The main objective of this research is to develop a security threat model for HLF-based applications. The security threat model would aid the developers and practitioners to iterate and learn about the security elements of HLF-based applications. The following directions must be explored in order to achieve the research's objective of this thesis:
- How HLF mitigates the security threats belonging to the STRIDE threat model?
- To understand how HLF mitigates the privacy and security challenges of permissionless blockchains?
- To identify the traditional applications security threats that could be mitigated using the HLF
- To identify the security threats that appear within the HLF-based application
- 1. Iqbal M., Matulevičius R. (2020) Managing Security Risks in Post-Trade Matching and Confirmation Using CorDapp. DB&IS 2020, link
- 2. Andol N., Vulnerabilities on Hyperledger Fabric, link